Sunday, July 18, 2021
Football awards
I was a bit grumbly about spending the afternoon at this football season awards gathering. Really, there were so many other things I wanted to do and it was sooooo hot today. But I went along with it and actually ended up making new friends who are called Sachiko and Itai, a very interesting Japanese and Israeli couple who I would love to meet again.Tryfan won the "Manager's Award", which he was stoked about, and the whole team won the league so that was the original catalyst to make a big deal of the season, especially since last year was cancelled. At the very end of the event, we had a fairly short Parents vs Kids football game, which we tied at 2-2 (I scored one of the goals!). We ended up losing in instant death penalties, which the kids were soooo chuffed about. In fact, the winning goal was by Len (purple shirt) who shot the ball barefoot past Rhodri who was goalkeeper! Really impressive. So the whole event ended up better than expected.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment