I took the Eurostar on Tuesday morning, then headed to the the HQ to meet some colleagues for a chat, then met up with a former colleague Fatma for an early dinner, and finally made it down to Clamart to my hotel for the night. It was a gorgeous spring day in Paris and I felt so lucky to be there.
Wednesday I met my new geothermal 'cousins' over at Celsius and then had dinner with my old friend Guy, who is one of my favorite people anywhere. It was so great to see him, and I felt really honored that he traveled from the south of France up to Paris just to meet me for dinner!
Thursday I continued my visit through the morning and then traveled back home in the afternoon. It was a good week, but I was struck by how uncomfortable I felt being out meeting colleagues in person. It wasn't anything to do with Covid, it was more a feeling of insecurity, mainly because I'm new to the geothermal sector and I don't know much! In these moments, I cling to the adage from my Dad: I am who I am, I know what I know, and I'm happy to be here. Anyway, I was really glad to get home tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment