June has gotten off to a crazy start! I left early on June 1st to travel to Offenburg, Germany for a 2 day conference on geothermal. It was an adventure traveling there in the first place, and then actually attending the conference and exhibition was really great too. I got to see some familiar faces and meet new ones, and I learned a lot during this days as well. I would have ideally stayed the weekend on the continent and migrated myself to the 2nd conference of the season, this 2nd one being in Madrid, Spain. But instead I traveled home early on Sat June 4th and met my long lost friend Denise and her daughter Ava at Heathrow as they landed from California. What a treat to have one of my best friends in the world travel all this way to be with me.
They landed just in time to join the Queen's Platinum Jubilee Celebrations, as Queen Elizabeth has now been on the throne for 60 years. We especially appreciated having two public holidays to commemorate the occasion! The weather wasn't especially perfect - it was blustery and cold but not uncomfortable. So after we arrived to the house and got them settled in, we headed down to the Danehill Rec for the festivities.
So we had a brilliant weekend together, and now today we are all heading off - I'm going to Madrid and they are heading into London and then up to Edinburgh, and we will reunite again next weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment