Friday, July 08, 2022

Mamma Mia

 Rhiannon, Aggie and I went into London to see Mamma Mia the musical this afternoon. It was quite a day!  First of all, it was Chief's Day - my dear old Dad's birthday although he is no longer with us to celebrate this yearly event. My siblings and Mom and I like to do something special in our own respective lives on this day to mark the occasion. We all miss him so much.  

Secondly, today happened to be the day that Boris Johnson announced that he is stepping down as Prime Minister, and we happened to be walking past Downing Street at the moment that he was giving this announcement outside in the street!!
It was a stunningly beautiful day, with big dramatic clouds and mild temperatures.




I did end up being quite tearful during the performance.  I guess it is the music and the memories about Rhiannon's childhood that just feel so precious and poignant.  Back when she was 3 years old at Aannerudtoppen barnehage in Norway, she used to sing the songs from Mamma Mia all the time!  Its amazing how music can be so powerful.  Anyway, it was a really beautiful and fun afternoon, and I'm so grateful I got to spend it with my gorgeous girl and Aggie. 

No comments: