Saturday, July 16, 2022

She is off

We all got up at 03:00 today in order to take her to the bus at 04:00.  Rhiannon hardly slept anyway; in fact, Rhodri and I didn't sleep that well either.  Tryfs was fine though!  He got up to give her a good send off, but said his goodbye in our driveway before going back to sleep.  

Anyway, we got to the car park under a bright waning gibbous moon and even a few stars still visible.  It was a dramatic scene as the clusters of families said their goodbyes and all the young ones got onto the coach to head off to London Heathrow.  

For Rhiannon, it is the start of a new chapter as she will go on from Costa Rica to the USA, and won't be back to England until December.

Rhods and I drove home and went straight back to sleep for a few hours, and then worked a bit in the garden, read the paper, and did other hot sunny Saturday activities.  I felt spaced out all day, and thank goodness we had something to look forward to later in the afternoon: watching the Wales v South Africa rugby game at the Denslow's house at 4pm. 

When I think too much about it, I feel my chest tighten and my nose tingle, which normally pre-empts tears to pool and stream.  It's gonna be weird without her here.

No comments: