Sunday, October 02, 2022

Cornish Mining Conference

This week I traveled down to Cornwall to attend the Cornish Mining Conference. First I took the train to London Paddington on Wed Sept 28th and met my colleague Logan who had just arrived from Denver. We hopped on a train to Truro and enjoyed the ride for the next 5-ish hours, then another train to Falmouth.
So eventually we got to the Airbnb that we rented for the occasion and I promptly went out to the Icebreaker event at a local pub while Logan went to sleep. The next day we went to the conference at the Falmouth Hotel. It was a beautiful day!
The next morning I went for a lovely swim down at Gyllingvase beach
I was very impressed with the glossy and brightly painted bathroom stalls in the free public restroom.
Later that day we went to meet with a client and enjoyed some local Cornish pasties in the back of the company van while it was pouring rain outside.

Saturday morning we went for a gorgeous coast walk

Then we went to the pub with Ross, a guy we had met at the conference and walk.
Later that night all the university kids were out in the streets whooping it up
And then this morning we said goodbye to the lovely flat we had been staying in and took the train back up to London and said goodbye.  I was a walking rainbow!

No comments: