Friday, December 16, 2022

ABBA Voyage

We had bought dance floor tickets for Rhiannon and her friend Evie to go see the ABBA Voyage concert in London several months ago and they had been so, so excited about this event!  But then a couple of weeks ago, Evie broke her ankle and it was not looking good for her to be able to go, then when it snowed the other day she actually hurt it worse, and so I tried to find a way to get a refund and reschedule, etc.  Long story short, it didn't go very well.  And by this time it was too late to resell the tickets, so it was looking like we would just lose the money and need to book for another date in the springtime.  Sad!  But then I had the idea that maybe I could go in Evie's place?  I approached Rhiannon about this and she was fine with that.  So I left work early and we drove 3+ hours into London on this icy Friday night to get there before the doors closed at 7:45 pm.  We barely made it!!! But we did make it and it was such a special and fun evening.  I will cherish this memory forever: singing along and dancing with my precious girl in this strange but awesome concert venue.  Even writing this now (a few weeks later), my eyes well up with love and tenderness.  Here are some photos from just before and just after the concert, since we were not allowed to take any photos during it.



I know its totally wrong to thank Evie for breaking her ankle, but honestly, it was so special to go to this concert with my girl.  I'm so grateful.

No comments: