I got asked to go on a 'Site Visit' for one of our geothermal projects, and the site in this case was eastern Java, Indonesia. This was quite a rare opportunity, and since I've known about it for a few weeks, I've been able to study up on this project in preparation to go. I left on Friday and arrived Saturday into Jakarta. I started by taking the bus from the village to Haywards Heath station, then train to Gatwick Airport, then flight to Doha (Qatar), then connecting flight to Jakarta where I took a taxi to the hotel and settled in for 1.5 days before the real work started.
I had a full day (Monday) in the office for a technical workshop with the clients,
then everyone from that workshop (about 20 people) flew together from Jakarta to Banyuwangi on the eastern corner of Java for the 1-day Site Visit.
On our way back to the hotel where we would all stay for the night in Banyuwangi, we stopped to look at a toxic waterfall and river. This was toxic not from pollution, but from the very acidic volcanic crater lake in the Ijen crater. Notice how the foliage near the water is brown (i.e., dead!). Yeow.
Here is the view from my room at the Kokoon Hotel. I really enjoyed looking out of it.



No comments:
Post a Comment