Friday, February 24, 2023

Jakarta etc

After my grand adventure in the Ijen - Banyuwangi area, I flew back to Jakarta for a night and then connected on to travel home.  In fact, I did another brave thing which was to participate in a conference panel discussion about the reuse of wells for geothermal purposes. It was scary but I survived!  It was a strange experience since I was on Zoom and so was everyone else, but I could only see the other panel members and the moderators. I was glad when it was finished, and then I actually went out to dinner with a colleague I hadn't met before. We had a delicious meal in some fancy place near my hotel.

I did love staying in this hotel - Hotel Mulia - and especially the tropical paradise view from the hotel lobby and restaurant areas, complete with a waterfall, flowers and lush plants. Wow.

It would have been fun to stay and explore this part of the world, but I needed to get home. I saw some fun stuff along the way, like all the paintings on the wall of the airport which incorporated the [real] fire extinguishers - so clever!
Anyway, heading home now.

No comments: