Saturday, August 19, 2023

The first week of Senior year

Phew, what a week! From landing on Sunday and coming to the first day of school on Monday (not knowing her classes and barely even time to locate her school uniform) through to the Saturday evening school Icebreaker event that the Senior class put on, it has been a very intense week.

We stayed at the Hilton St. Louis Frontenac until Thursday when we relocated to new digs (more on that later).  These days all started with a walk to Starbucks for coffee and sometimes food too.  Then I drove Rhiannon to school along with all the other day students for an 8:00 am start.  Later in the week she got a lift in with her friend Wylie who was passing our hotel on the way in anyway.  All good. 

But in fact, I was also spending my days at school as I set up camp in an empty office in the Admissions area.  This was extremely wonderful since it meant that I had a desk and a land line to work from as I called round to sort out different things for Rhiannon as she started her Senior year.
So we've been taking it just a day at a time but it has been a great week.  The 'new digs' that we moved to is directly across the street from the school in the basement apartment which belongs to a school staff member.  We have everything we need from this base, and it has meant that Rhiannon could spend the evenings at school with her classmates as they rehearsed every night for the big Icebreaker event on Saturday.

We are so grateful to be here.

No comments: