I got selected to go to the "Geothermal Rising" conference in Waikaloa, Hawaii this year and because it is such a large distance to travel, I went a few days early and stayed with Aunt Dawnie and Uncle Ben, who conveniently live only about 40 minutes drive from the conference venue! I flew out on Wed Oct 23 and had low expectations for the journey itself, but this ended up being really nice actually, with a row to myself, a gorgeous view across Greenland, and then the discovery of a yoga room at SFO airport (near Gate D6).
Then once I landed in Kailua-Kona, I was picked up by Dawnie and Ben and had a blissful time with them at their peaceful sanctuary of a home in the hills above the northeast coast near Hawi.
In fact, over the next couple of days I was treated to other fun moments, including swimming in the sea (unfortunately got stung by an urchin!), going out to dinner a couple of times, watching the Ironmen cycle around the midpoint of the Ironman triathlon (which happened to be this weekend), and riding up to Pololu point on the back of Hap's motorcycle!
No comments:
Post a Comment