Friday, September 11, 2026

Qi Jong mornings

On my daily morning walks with Annie Dog, I've started adding a little bit of exercise. I tend to walk a couple of different variations of a 30-45 minute loop that goes from our house into the woods, then across a meadow, up "Bear Pit Hill", and then some variation of crossing the open heathland to get to the ancient pale on the other side and back around through Jubilee Woods. I absolutely love how each day has different things to see, hear and smell. I guess it was last year when I was feeling particularly troubled and angsty before my workday at my previous employer started, and I would really savour these morning walks.What a gift that those troubles and angsty feelings are behind me! Now I have started taking a few moments to do some qi jong movements, which involve much flailing of arms.  I have a couple of favorite spots where no passers by can see me, and I do feel like Diana Prince in those moments when she twirls with dramatic flair and turns into Wonder Woman! It is a great way to start the day.  And it is particularly gorgeous right now with the maturing bracken rainbow hues alongside the blooming golden gorse and the exuberant heather.

No comments: