Last night was the annual Company dinner, held at a hotel in downtown Oslo. I have been preparing for a couple of weeks by lining up a babysitter well in advance and also pumping enough milk to be able to leave Tryfan for a long evening. Things didn't really go according to plan on this night, but it could have been a lot worse! To start with, the hot water in our house stopped (this happened after my shower but before Rhodri's). Then Rhiannon took an extra long time to go to bed. Then I couldn't find my wallet or my fancy cardigan sweater (both of which I found eventually). All of this meant that we were very late in leaving the house -- the event started at 7pm and we didn't leave until 7:30pm.But we picked up our friends Patrick and Sarah and made it just as people were sitting down for the opening speech. It turned out to be a nice meal and it was good to see a lot of the people that were there, but we were happy to leave a couple of hours early. The event ended at 2:30am and we left at 12:30am, so we put in a good effort, but we needed to get home to Tryfan.
Our babysitter must have forgotten (or confused the translation from English) that Tryfan needs to have milk every few hours! She must have panicked when he started crying and tried to console him in other ways when all the little guy wanted was some milk. So the frozen milk was still in the freezer and the bottle was untouched. Poor little guy! I don't think it caused permanent damage though, because he was his normal smiley self all day today. But anyway, the best thing about this night was that I got to wear a very foofie (yes that's a word!) turquoise blue feather thingy in my hair, which I would never otherwise wear. But I had the phrase "if not now, when?" going round in my head so I did. Too bad its not too visible in the photo above.
4 comments:
Wow- Do you two look super! Out on the town without the little ones---Yeah!!! --LOve ya--SBma
By the look of you two you'd never know you have two small children! :) Hubba Hubba
You look great Lis! Rhodri, you're a handsome devil. Btw, I think that you should always have that going around in your head when you dress yourself!
Are you SURE you just had a spud 3 months ago? You are one hot mama!
xo Polly
Post a Comment