Saturday, March 15, 2008

In the trenches (again)

Rhiannon ended up staying home all week, and we did have some good times but we had some extreme times as well! Two kids not feeling good is not much fun at all, and rain seems to make things worse. These photos show the demeanor of the two -- Tryfan smiling even though he is coughing and has a runny nose, Rhiannon a bit more surly and temperamental. But you get that on the big jobs (as Rhodri likes to say). Also, I am sending a big up to Rhodri for coming home from work twice this week to help get Rhiannon to sleep at lunchtime. Thanks, Rhods!
There were some moments when everyone (including Bentley) was howling and the only solution was to get outside into fresh air. Usually Tryfan was crying because he was tired and wanted fresh air to help him fall asleep, Rhiannon was desperate to get outside to the playground but didn't want to put her jacket on (or mittens or hat..), and Bentley needed to get out and pee!
We also used up the entire month's quota of "watching telly". I know the 50 Hz TV signal is not good for our little people's brains, but there were times when it was such a sanity saver. The problem is that now I cannot get that annoying song from "In the Night Garden" out of my head..."Yes my name is Iggle-Piggle..."

Rhiannon is starting to bust out with some funny stuff. One day when we were up at the playground, I called to Bentley because I couldn't see him and Rhiannon promptly yelled "Bentley, listen to Mama!" at the top of her voice. If only she would take her own advice!

1 comment:

Espi, Lisa and Isabella said...

Our "Signing Time" dvd has been a lifesaver for me - but I hum the theme song daily now! ARG!