Rhiannon has been really enjoying her new class at barnehage since they started back a few weeks ago. She is in with the 3-5 year olds now, and when Tryfan starts going next week he will be in her old class right next door. Today her class and the other class of 3-5 year olds went on a field trip to a farm about 40 minutes away. They all got to pick apples from the apple orchard, stand in line to put apples through an apple press, and drink as much apple juice as they wanted to. Then all the kids got to ride in a red tractor trailer across the farm fields. Good times! She is talking all the time to everyone she encounters now, and her default language is still Norwegian.Tryfan gets so excited when he sees her! He has started making loud screechy-squealy noises when he is excited. The first time he made a noise like this was last night during bathtime and it shocked all of us at first, but they we all laughed together. More good times! Tryfan has also started kissing people. If someone puckers their lips and leans forward, he will do the same and hone in on the person's lips. AND Tryfan has been sleeping like a champ. Both kids have! They go to sleep around 6:30 - 7pm and have been waking up making happy noises around 7:15am. I hope I didn't just jinx this pattern by putting it in writing...
Finally, the other great thing about right now is that I get two hours paid leave off during the workday so that I can continue breastfeeding Tryfan. How cool is that?! And there is no age cut-off, so guess who is going to get Mama's milk for the next 5 years? Ha ha, just kidding...probably...
3 comments:
why not take it all the way through high school? Think of it as a social experiment... 'no it's cool guys, I'm just going to have some 'lunch' with my mom.'
MY GOSH, RHIANNON LOOKS ADORABLE! THINGS SOUND SO GREAT---WAY TO GO!! LOVE-SBGRAM (I don't KNOW that strange previous blogger!!!!)
I'm so happy that you are finding balance with all these changes! Good for you guys!!
Post a Comment