We had a good time together though - played outside for about 15 minutes (Rhiannon forgot her gloves so her hands got cold quickly), made some hot chocolate for Rhiannon's first taste of it, read books, did puzzles, watched "101 Dalmatians" (the old school movie version) and played with cleaning equipment. Cleaning equipment? Well, yes. Tryfan is obsessed with hoovers (vacuums) and once he starts hoovering, there is no stopping him that doesn't lead to tears of protest. We got the hoovers out (main one and a dustbuster, just so each child has one to use) late in the afternoon when we ran out of other fun things to do. Anyway, today I observed a new frontier in Tryfan's cleaning skills:
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Cleaning frenzy
Today was a snowy/sleety/ rainy day and Wales was playing Australia in rugby, so that meant that I got the kids to myself for the afternoon. (Wales won 21-18, by the way!)
We had a good time together though - played outside for about 15 minutes (Rhiannon forgot her gloves so her hands got cold quickly), made some hot chocolate for Rhiannon's first taste of it, read books, did puzzles, watched "101 Dalmatians" (the old school movie version) and played with cleaning equipment. Cleaning equipment? Well, yes. Tryfan is obsessed with hoovers (vacuums) and once he starts hoovering, there is no stopping him that doesn't lead to tears of protest. We got the hoovers out (main one and a dustbuster, just so each child has one to use) late in the afternoon when we ran out of other fun things to do. Anyway, today I observed a new frontier in Tryfan's cleaning skills:
Yes, he is cleaning the inside of the play kitchen's oven. Here's the story: all 3 of us were upstairs - Rhiannon was sitting quietly at the desk playing with ink stamps, I was putting away clothes, and Tryfan was putting things into play cooking pans and moving them from one room to another. Then I saw Tryfan pick up a tissue from the floor in our room (probably fell out of a pocket) and disappear. The house was just a little too quiet several minutes later so I went into Rhiannon's bedroom and this is what I saw: a "deer in the headlights" expression on Tryfan's face as he crouched over reaching his tissue into the back of the oven and wiping vigorously. He definitely takes after his Daddy, who is the most thorough and efficient housecleaner I know (absolutely one of the perks I take advantage of by being married to him)! Let's hope Tryfan keeps honing his skills...
We had a good time together though - played outside for about 15 minutes (Rhiannon forgot her gloves so her hands got cold quickly), made some hot chocolate for Rhiannon's first taste of it, read books, did puzzles, watched "101 Dalmatians" (the old school movie version) and played with cleaning equipment. Cleaning equipment? Well, yes. Tryfan is obsessed with hoovers (vacuums) and once he starts hoovering, there is no stopping him that doesn't lead to tears of protest. We got the hoovers out (main one and a dustbuster, just so each child has one to use) late in the afternoon when we ran out of other fun things to do. Anyway, today I observed a new frontier in Tryfan's cleaning skills:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment