Monday, January 19, 2009
Careful what you wish for...
...because you just might get the most snowfall in 1 day for the past 70 years (45 cm = 18 inches)! That is what happened here yesterday and everyone was gleefully shoveling their front porches and digging out their cars this morning. I heard Rhodri tell someone at work today that digging the car out from under snow for 30 minutes is such a great way to start the day... and he really meant it too! That is just how happy people are about this lovely snowfall.
This is the view out to the back yard -- the planter boxes are ~2.5 feet high and they are only barely visible. Oh how I wanted to do a big belly flop out the back door this morning! But that would have really delayed us getting to work...
Tryfan loves laying in the snow so he was stoked
I was thinking all day about how much I wished that it were a holiday here today like it was in the USA (MLK Day). It wasn't snowing as furiously today so it would have been perfect to play outside. At least the kids got to frolic all day in it, though. They also loooove watching the snowplow tractors go by, and Asker is full of them right now so life is pretty good all around :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment