Sunday, January 11, 2009

Weekend update

I actually don't have any progress to report on the dining table situation, because this weekend was full of abnormal meal situations. We had friends over for dinner on Saturday and then we went to another friends house for lunch/dinner today. And it is really just dinnertime that we typically experience problems, so we will have to see what tomorrow brings.
We did get to sleep in both Saturday and Sunday because the urchins didn't wake up until almost 9am on both days! Thank you, sweet children! Here is Tryfan with sleepy eyes when he was laying in my lap swinging on the tire swing at the lekeplass this morning. He is just so cute and cuddly sometimes :-)
This is a photo from our visit to Ramsey's house (and his parents who just recently moved here from Jordan). Ramsey is 10 months old and has a lot of exciting toys that Tryfan and Rhiannon wanted to play with. I think Ramsey just had his first taste of fighting over toys thanks to our little tag team. Poor guy can't even walk yet and the Lewis kids were all over his stuff! He is a pretty jolly little fellow though -- I think he enjoyed the company more than he minded sharing his toys.
One funny scene that I experienced with Rhiannon was on Saturday when she and I went grocery shopping. We were both thirsty so I picked out some juice for her to drink as we shopped. After I opened the top for her, I snuck a sip for myself and Rhiannon caught me. She said in this horrified voice, "Mama! You did not ask properly for a sip of my juice!" And so I apologized and said "I am really sorry Rhiannon. I forgot to ask you first." Then a few minutes later I asked "Rhiannon, please may I have a sip of your juice?" And she said, "Yes, Mama" Then while I was sipping, she said "I really like the way that you asked me properly for a drink"... and I nearly spit out the juice because it made me laugh so much the way she said it! What a Minx...

1 comment:

Espi, Lisa and Isabella said...

Hahahaha...I often get "no shoes on the carpet mommy!" and "don't talk with food in your mouth" - at least we know they are listening :)