

On Friday, my colleague Michel offered to help me out with the kids on Saturday since Rhodri wasn't getting home till late that night. Although we would have been fine alone, I took him up on his offer. After all, he is a 20-something single guy living downtown Oslo and a dose of family life with small kids would probably be educational for him! First we picked him up at the Asker train station and went shopping. I would normally not attempt shopping alone with the kids, unless Tryfan was asleep in the stroller or backpack. But since we were in Asker center anyway, I figured we could run some errands. The troops were exceptionally wild, running running running in every direction and wanting to pick up shop items and not put them back. Michel did a good job of chasing after them. We all held hands and ran to the Italian bakery to buy some treats for lunch.
After some food and a nap for Tryfan, we set out for a ski/ sled adventure at the Asker Golf Course. Rhiannon did a little bit of skiing and then we all went sledding down the small hill in the background of this photo.

We had a little picnic of chocolate, hot cocoa, and some biscuits (cookies) at the bottom of the hill in really deep snow.


We had a really great day! One of the best parts was when Tryfan was having his nap, Michel and Rhiannon played board games and did puzzles while I scampered around the house doing chores that needed my full attention. I think Michel had a good time as well, since this day was an eye-opener for him and interesting in that it is such a different life to his normal city-bachelor lifestyle. Thanks, Michel :-)
1 comment:
I think I have a picture of me with a cinnamon roll just like that. Love it.
Ashlee
Post a Comment