Sunday, February 22, 2009

Weekend recovery

This past week, Rhiannon has been wanting to play "Mama & Baby" with Tryfan all the time when we are at home. She talks to him in Norwegian, asking if he wants to read this book or that book, if he wants to lay down next to her and have a little rest, if he is hungry or thirsty or tired, if he would rather wear a hat or open Christmas presents (books she has hidden in a cupboard). It is so funny to witness. Here Tryfan wanted to read the Very Hungry Caterpillar and Rhiannon was reading it to him.
Yesterday, we went over to play for a couple of hours in the afternoon and it was sooo nice to be there. Thank you for inviting us, Elin! Rhiannon and Sofie played crazily and Tryfan and Johanne followed them around trying to do whatever they were doing. The most popular activity was jumping off the leather chair onto a bean bag.
And meanwhile, the snow has continued to fall! It is still wonderful, but now I am thinking "okay, that's enough snow. No more please! Just sunshine and cold temps would be lovely now." It's really hard to imagine that in just a few months the place will be so different. It is very noticeable how much extra daylight we have now - I think we get something like 13 minutes extra each day. Yay! So it is not getting dark until about 5:30pm now. Here is the backyard before I removed the roof from the snow fort (it was not meant to support that much snow).
Yesterday it snowed so much all day that we actually got stuck trying to come home from Sofie & Johanne's house. They live about halfway up a big hill, and when we tried to go up it we just spun our wheels. Then another car came down the hill and I had to back down the hill a few hundred feet and turn into someone's driveway. Fortunately, the owner was outside and gave me a push back out the driveway and we turned up the hill, pedal to the metal and made it! Phew! We were on our way to go pick up Rhodri from the train station, so I was pretty determined to get out of there. So we made it, and our day today has been spent just sorting out the house - shoveling snow, laundry, stocking our wood box, cleaning, sleeping, playing outside. Rhodri did most of the work and I did most of the rest and playing, so it was a pretty good day. I think we are ready to survive another week without him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It all sounds like so much fun, but also hard work!!Dad and I have booked our tickets to come over, and I'm SO excited to see all of you guys I'm counting down the weeks!Love Sions xxxx