Sunday, February 15, 2009

A real wild child

Last night, both Rhodri and I had different engagements that both started at 6:30pm. Ack! His, of course, involved the Six Nations Rugby tournament - Wales v. England - a match that could not be missed come hell or high water! Mine, on the other hand, was a bit softer: my friend Hanne's birthday dinner party. I arranged for our friend and neighbor Max to come babysit, and it was his first time doing so. The plan was for both kids to be asleep by 6:30pm, but Rhiannon had a long nap in the afternoon so she was wide awake when Max showed up. As I was trying to get out the door, Rhiannon kept crying and saying that she was afraid of gorillas coming to get her, so I let her come downstairs and lay on the couch while Max & his friend Kjetil played Playstation. Well, I got text message reports all evening of a wild girl Rhiannon who was diving on the couch and wrestling with Max and Kjetil! What a skunk! Here she is this morning eating pancakes that Tryfan brought to her.
Tryfan has a new trick where he comes over, grabs my hand, leads me into the kitchen, points to what he wants (saying "yeah, yeah" and shifting his weight from one foot to the other in an impatient manner), then once he is handed something, he hold out the other hand and says "Na-non" (as in, one for Rhiannon also). Then he toddles off with a something in each hand and delivers one to Rhiannon. This morning Rhiannon had a pile of 5 pancakes sitting next to her on the couch - she couldn't keep up with Tryfan's supply!

No comments: