Sunday, November 22, 2009

Hey laydeez

Saturday was a fine day and a fun night. My Mom and the kids and I met Dad, Grandma Bucky, and friends Butch and Dorothy at the golf course for a late breakfast. Rhiannon thought it was great fun to ride in the golf cart... here she is with her Grandpa and Butch.
After breakfast, we headed downtown because I needed something to wear this night for a girls night out. It was a clear, warm (~70 deg F) gorgeous day in Santa Barbara and I was SO happy to be right here, right now. Eventually I found something to wear and we came home for naps and a quiet afternoon before I headed out at 7pm. I met up with 3 of my dear friends and had a great night out. Here I am with my wonderful friend Polly, who lived next door to me growing up. There is just nothing quite like being in the company of a friend who has known you nearly your whole life :-)
I stayed out far too late, but I figured it was a once-in-a-decade sort of outing. It was very hard to wake up the next morning at 5:30am, but at the same time I was excited because our friends Lisa and Isabella were coming to visit us for a few days starting this day...

No comments: