Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sunday outing downtown

This morning Heidi and I took the kids downtown to walk along State Street and do a bit of shopping. Rhiannon was true to her current form of being pesky and difficult. I had to keep reminding her that she promised to have good manners. Here we are on the State Street Shuttle bus.
Aunt Heidi reading stories on the floor of Borders Bookstore
Heidi and I went to water aerobics with our Mom in the afternoon and left Tryfan sleeping and Rhiannon having her nails painted orange by her Grandpa! By all reports she spent a lot of energy instructing him exactly how to paint her nails and in which order, ensuring that every bit of nail had polish coverage. We had the traditional delicious Sunday night dinner at Grandma Bucky's house with assorted family members still in town. Libby made some playdough and brought a box of playdough tools for the kids to play with before dinner. Here are Molly and Rhiannon busy making pizza.
Tryfan did a lot of playdough eating, even though he knew that "playdough is for playing and dinner is for eating". Judging by how much water he drank, I think he ate a fair amount of the stuff but he seemed none the worse.
We are leaving on Tuesday afternoon and so tomorrow is our last day! It's hard to already be saying goodbye to friends and family :-(
I didn't mention Saturday because I forgot to take photos... but we had a great day. We kicked it off old school with a premiere viewing of the movie Annie (the musical). Heidi, Eric, Kristin, the kids and I had a great time remembering all the songs and introducing the kids to this movie. Then we went to Phil and Libby's house for brunch and had a leisurely day otherwise.

No comments: