Saturday, December 26, 2009

Beautiful Boxing Day

When we woke up today, we discovered that we had another 18 inches of fresh snow that had fallen overnight. So great! Actually it was still snowing in the morning and didn't stop until about 2pm. We spent a good part of the day outside in the driveway sledding. This is the view out to the backyard, taken ~3pm.
The troops built this fort in the living room and were happily munching on Christmas sweets and giggling together in the early morning. Tryfan's head is peeking out to the right side of the fort in this photo.
Some sledding action down the driveway: Rhiannon steering and Tryfan holding on tight!

When Tryfan was taking a nap, Rhiannon and Bentley and I went for a walk through the neighborhood. I hooked up Bentley's harness to the towrope of Rhiannon's sled and voila!
We walked down to the canoe launching spot and were surprised to see water that wasn't frozen. It was so lovely with the waxing crescent moon, clear skies and whiteness everywhere.
While I was sitting in a snowdrift making sure no cars were coming so that Rhiannon could sled down the driveway, I saw these snowflake crystals next me and took a photo using the 'macro' focus.
I was amazed that with some photo editing tools my gray blurry photo was transformed to this!
This is the view out the kitchen door to the backyard while I am trying to capture just how much snow is back there -- it is usually 2 steps down from the kitchen door to the deck below! Bentley's nose is just visible to the left of the photo for some scale.

No comments: