Thursday, December 31, 2009

Other Romjul happenings

I forgot to mention a couple of other things that have been happening this week. First, Rhodri and I (with Bentley) have been able to take turns x-c skiing every day this week. We can actually ski from our driveway down the road (which is packed snow without gravel on it) to Ulvenvannet lake and ski across that to the groomed trails at Kjekstedmarka. Luxury! I so love the minimal prep and mobilization work that is required to x-c in this way. So even though it has been really cold, we've taken turns enjoying the gorgeous ski conditions. The perfect snow, clear skies and full moon ski tours have been a highlight of this week.

Second, Tryfan has been really keen on using the toilet this week. I think he is a bit too young to be doing this, so we have not been prodding him or actively encouraging him to do this. However, we do have an M&M Incentive Program and Tryfan looooves sweets! So he has been practicing his pee-on-demand skills as well as a #2 in the potty on one occasion.

The #2 production scene was quite humorous although he was alone in the bathroom during the episode so we didn't actually witness it! Based on the 'evidence' there was something that went straight into the potty which was followed by a surprised, standing-up movement which resulted in some more 'evidence' in a different location which he attempted to relocate to the primary location (inside the potty) without success. What Rhodri and I saw was a nekkid running boy with brown hands... Eeehwww!! And that's when we discovered the evidence and pieced together what must have happened. We tried to be happy and enthusiastic and proud of him while at the same time laughing hysterically and trying to contain the brownness from spreading onto clothes, skin and hair. All of the excitement and strangeness of it brought tears to poor Tryfan's eyes, but I think the handful of M&M's helped convince him that he did a good thing. Anyway, I apologize for the graphic nature of this post, but as this blog also serves as our memoirs, this week wouldn't be complete without including it!

No comments: