Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Flying solo

These past 10 days I've been away visiting friends in the UK by myself. It felt great to fly solo but 10 days is a long time to be away from my sweet family. Here are some photos of the friends I was visiting... Here is Polly climbing over a fence with baby Joe on her back and her dog (I can't remember his name right now! *** Tully! That's her name***) in the background.
Self-take of Polly, baby Joe and me in front (well, actually obscuring) Easby Abbey in the Yorkshire Dales.
Easby Abbey on a gorgeous but brisk winter's day. I love the carpet of short soft green grass that was inside as well as outside the abbey walls.
My old friend Hiatt with her boy Sam and dog Megan. They live in a tiny seaside village very close to the England-Scotland border. It had snowed the day before so we got to play on a snowy beach.
On the beach with old castle remains in the background. Our plan was to walk the long way to the village pub for lunch, but we got to the pub too early so it wasn't open yet and we had to just make our own pub lunch back at Hiatt's house in Emberton.
I also visited Caroline up in Edinburgh and Naomi up in Fife, then flew back from Edinburgh to Oslo this afternoon. Yay! I am happy to be home but it was a great trip.

No comments: