Sunday, September 12, 2010
Sunday dinners
Ever since we moved to England, I have been making an effort to cook a traditional Sunday roast dinner. Usually that means roasting lamb, potatoes, parsnips, carrots, and maybe steaming some broccoli as well, then serving all at a relatively early time of 5pm (ish) with a bottle of red wine, candles, and an attempt to maintain good manners throughout the whole meal. Yeah, right! But I do want to master this meal. We haven't gotten there yet, but it's fun trying. Usually.
The troops were playing "Policeman and Meanie" but I thought Policeman Tryfs looked like a little homie with his beanie on and his trousers hanging low. Here is their Homie Stance.
All of this was last Sunday actually. Today we were really busy and I didn't really feel like cooking a roast dinner. It was gorgeous warm weather today and we did things like dry the tipi out, harvest some beets and carrots and runner beans from our garden, put away summer clothes and other useful things like this. We dined outside under the umbrella for what is likely to be one of the last times this year... maybe? How would I know? We only just moved here. Maybe we have several more weekends coming of this kind of weather. That would be nice. Anyway, we will take it a day at a time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment