It sounds like the road trip from Asker, Norway to mid-Sussex, England was quite an adventure! We saw a big motor home with "The Pet Transporter" written across it pull up in the pitch black rainy night last night and then Bentley came bounding in accompanied by the Transpet lady called Jane and all of his belongings and paperwork.
Here is our long-awaited reunion:
We invited Jane in for a cup of tea and some pizza dinner and she told us about the journey... driving in the first snowfall of the year while in Norway, then over to Stockholm in Sweden to pick up 2 more dogs and 4 cats for another family, then making her way solo driving this motorhome across Europe to cross the English Channel in Calais, France.
At this point when she was getting ready to board the ferry to cross into the UK, the UK Immigration wouldn't let Bentley in because his passport was not from the EU! So Jane turned around and fortunately found a vet in the town who could transfer all of Bentley's information to a new, French, passport! Then Jane and her motorhome full of animals had to race to catch the last ferry of the day. I'm so glad that I didn't know about any of this drama as it was unfolding...
I think Bentley must be one of the few dogs in the world to have 2 different passports! Here he is saying goodbye to Jane:
2 comments:
Oh! So great! :DDDD
I think Bentley was REALLY happy when he met you! We are so glad to see your reunion! And very nice to have the link to your blog - then we can follow your daily life with your beloved Bentley. :o) Probably the best dog in the world! <3 We do miss him a lot but we are happy to see him together with you all. Give him a BIG hug and cuddle. Love from Norway. :o)
It is so wonderful that Bentley is back with you! I watched the reunion and it brought tears to my eyes! I am sure he will adjust soon since he knows you well. It is so nice that he can run free in the woods nearby!
Lots of love, Hanne, Werner, Raja and Ricky
Post a Comment