Sunday, November 21, 2010

Crazy Sand

Saturday was the school Christmas Fair from 1-3pm, and somehow I got roped into working at the Crazy Sand craft table. The deal was that if you paid 2 pounds, you could choose a Christmas-themed clear plastic container and then fill it with different colored sands. My job was to take the money and help people make sure that their containers were full to the top after settling a bit, then putting a cap on the container. And of course I had two very keen little helpers by my side!
It was actually a pretty fun afternoon - somehow these events are more fun when you are 'on the inside' working at the event rather than just merely attending. Our Crazy Sand table was right next to the Tree Ornament craft table, so R & T each made an ornament with lots of glitter and glue.
I was supposed to just work an hour at the stand, but my replacement never showed up so we were there until 3pm. However, I drew the line there and we didn't stick around for the raffle drawing. Two hours is enough of this scene!

No comments: