Rhodri has been training all autumn and winter for this bike race called "
Hell of the Ashdown" and finally today he did it! The kids and I went to a place near the half way mark and cheered on everyone as they came up "The Wall" (aka Kidd Hill).
Here are the troops on the roadside clapping..

Here are some riders coming up the hill. None of them in this photo are Rhodri, but it is so hard to recognize anyone anyway, and then by the time you do they are past you! Honestly, watching for a particular cyclist to zoom past you is NOT a satisfying spectator event. But it is nice to cheer for everyone, and I know they appreciated it because I think we were the first spectators cheering on the route (according to Rhodri)!

It was an absolutely stunning day...so lovely and sunny. Here are some random cyclists going past us - Tryfan took this photo while Rhiannon had started shouting "
You look really fit!" to them.

It was 110 km and Rhodri did it in 5 hours I think...
There was an official photographer who took photos of Rhodri on this website. His Rider number was
0541 if you want to have a look...
http://sportivephoto.thirdlight.com/viewcontainer.tlx?containerid=9225223765
No comments:
Post a Comment