Sunday, February 19, 2012
The most beautiful Sunday
Rhodri and the kids flew back to England today but I stayed in Asker for one more day before I had to go to Bergen for a course for work. So after saying goodbye to the family, Monica and I went for a nice long loop on x-c skis. As it had snowed a few inches last night, there was the most gorgeous dusting of powder on the land. Here is the scene with Monica striding along
At one point we lost the track and ended up going across a frozen lake and then back again. I was so happy skiing along and enjoying the day. Behind Monica in this photo there is some smoke rising from a little campfire on the edge of the frozen lake where there were two families who were cooking lunch and playing on the boulders.
I just love how people of all ages, shapes and sizes get out into nature to spend time. I saw all combinations of people today - elderly mothers + their middle aged daughters, elderly couples, entire families, fathers with 1 or more kids, a mother towing a baby in a pulk, teenagers - honestly, every possible configuration of people were out skiing today (and plenty of dogs out there too). It was great.
I miss living in Norway
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment