Rhodri and I watched nearly the entire Eurovision Song Contest tonight, and it was really great! There is no equivalent for the mixture of different cultures in one place. This year it was in Copenhagen, Denmark where I happened to be a few days ago (by pure coincidence!) and the hosts put together this video that explains a little about the contest. I love how random this "12 Point Song" is!
There were some truly entertaining performances - among them, the Polish entry "We are Slavic" which featured some busty ladies churning butter and handwashing some clothes; the Russian entry with twin girls that had their hair tied together and then ended up on a see-saw (after hair separated); the Greek entry featuring someone doing fancy trampoline moves in the background and then the whole band got on to jump as well; the Swiss entry featuring some dazzling whistling talent, and then the French entry "I want a moustache"
There were some truly entertaining performances - among them, the Polish entry "We are Slavic" which featured some busty ladies churning butter and handwashing some clothes; the Russian entry with twin girls that had their hair tied together and then ended up on a see-saw (after hair separated); the Greek entry featuring someone doing fancy trampoline moves in the background and then the whole band got on to jump as well; the Swiss entry featuring some dazzling whistling talent, and then the French entry "I want a moustache"
No comments:
Post a Comment