Friday, May 09, 2014

Quick visit to Denmark

I took a very quick business trip to Fredrikshavn, Denmark this week. I flew Gatwick - Aalborg but had to transit through Copenhagen (where Rhodri and I will be visiting in a couple of weekends time) on the way there. I didn't recognize her at the time, but I actually walked straight past this very strange looking person who went on to win the Eurovision Song Contest (Conchita Wurst).
Sunset stroll along the beach in Fredrikshavn
View of the stern of the vessel "Columbus" from the quayside.
View from the stern of the Columbus back to the quayside
Spectacular colors on the way back to the airport Thurs night
Funny sign at Aalborg airport
It was a short but great trip, and I had an especially enjoyable taxi ride with a Palestinian guy who has lived in Denmark for the past 28 years (moved when he was 2 yrs old), married to a Serbian lady with 2 kids who are magazine models! I felt so lucky to be out in the wide world meeting interesting people.

No comments: