Saturday, March 12, 2016

C2C 2016

Cat and I went to the Country 2 Country (C2C) music festival today at the O2 arena in downtown London. Yeehaw!
We got there around 3:30 pm and the doors opened at 5pm so we had time to wander around and have some food before venturing into the main arena and finding our seats.

We were waaaay up near the top. 3rd row from the top, actually. There wasn't a heck of a lot of yeehawing and dancing in our part of the arena, which was a shame, but the bands were really good and we enjoyed ourselves!

View from our seats (yes, that is the ceiling in the foreground)

Next year I think I will need to be down on the main floor section. We ended up leaving before the very end. Carrie Underwood was the big name for the night, and neither of us are really "into" her music, so it was a good excuse to start making our way back home before the other 30,000 or so people joined us. As it turned out, this was a great move because actually we would have missed the last train back to East Grinstead and that would have been a bummer.

I was stoked to hear Maren Morris perform on the small stage here. Her song "My Church" is a favorite here at Chalfonts and Rhiannon can even play it on the guitar and sing along!

No comments: