Today was the British Mother's Day and it was indeed a lovely one for me.
I was treated to coffee and toast and fruit (pre-breakfast) in bed, along with the Sunday paper. That is always a nice way to start. Rhiannon and I hung out in the morning and Rhodri & Tryfan went to their rugby practice, as normal. In the afternoon we went for a walk in a place that none of us had been before. Actually we were hoping to see some birds, as we have been sort of into bird watching lately, but we didn't see many at all in this section of the Ashdown Forest. Still it was nice to explore somewhere new.
Look how big these kids are getting!! They are nearly the size of me!
We didn't go for a special meal anywhere - I'd rather just bung something roasty in the oven and relax at home than get dressed to go to a pub or restaurant which is crowded with other families doing the Mother's Day dinner type thing. So it was a great day in the end. I'm so grateful for my sweet family.
I was treated to coffee and toast and fruit (pre-breakfast) in bed, along with the Sunday paper. That is always a nice way to start. Rhiannon and I hung out in the morning and Rhodri & Tryfan went to their rugby practice, as normal. In the afternoon we went for a walk in a place that none of us had been before. Actually we were hoping to see some birds, as we have been sort of into bird watching lately, but we didn't see many at all in this section of the Ashdown Forest. Still it was nice to explore somewhere new.
Look how big these kids are getting!! They are nearly the size of me!
We didn't go for a special meal anywhere - I'd rather just bung something roasty in the oven and relax at home than get dressed to go to a pub or restaurant which is crowded with other families doing the Mother's Day dinner type thing. So it was a great day in the end. I'm so grateful for my sweet family.
No comments:
Post a Comment