Tryfan and the rest of his cub scout pack (Fletching #1) were asked to compete in a running race against some of the other local cub scout packs. They did pretty well and it was a semi dramatic setting for running. And at least it wasn't raining, and also I got to hang out with Anne Marie who was there with her 3 boys.
The funniest part was actually at the end when the "officials" read out the results and gave the medals and trophies.
These ladies sure take the role of "Assistant Deputy County Scout Commissioner" seriously! They had name badges and their scarves and woggles, and I found the whole thing quite funny. I could just about hear my Dad chortling next to me - he used to love scenes like this. So it was nice to have a little chuckle to myself and feel close to him for a few minutes today.
| Ready to run, Tryfan in the foreground |
These ladies sure take the role of "Assistant Deputy County Scout Commissioner" seriously! They had name badges and their scarves and woggles, and I found the whole thing quite funny. I could just about hear my Dad chortling next to me - he used to love scenes like this. So it was nice to have a little chuckle to myself and feel close to him for a few minutes today.
No comments:
Post a Comment