Thursday, March 16, 2017

Obama Llama

"Obama Llama" is the code phrase that Auntie Sions and the kids made up last year when she was looking after them for a weekend. It means: I'm stressed and I need your cooperation!

So today after swimming when I was frantically trying to hang up laundry, help Rhiannon with her art project, make dinner, and tidy the house in preparation for some girlfriends that I had invited over that evening, I was being a little bit snappy and stressed. Tryfan came up to me and said, "Mom, is this an Obama Llama situation?". I had completely forgotten about this phrase and what it meant, so he reminded me of it and I said YES, it is!  And then Tryfan (bless his heart) said, "What can I do right now that would be the most helpful for you?"  Seriously. Those exact words. It brought tears to my eyes, I tell you. And even now as I am recounting the moment my eyes are welling up. I have such thoughtful, sensitive, sweet children. And although in this particular moment it was Tryfan who stepped up in this way, there have been plenty of occasions when Rhiannon sees that someone needs help or that something is amiss and she takes the initiative to help the person or sort the problem without being asked. 

No comments: