Monday, August 13, 2018

Montana beauty

Our time in Montana has been a beautiful swish of both activity and relaxation.

We have done so many things after our first days of helping with the cattle drive and then getting a riding lesson: we went on a trail ride; played with clay; read books out on the porch; went fishing in the pond up the road; made jewelry; went on a hike around the property; helped Judy to prepare and enjoyed delicious meals; drank lovely wine; watched the hummingbirds feed; rode bikes up the long hill; played dominoes; played cards; went on a picnic and then wildlife spotting drive up Crooked Creek; watched shooting stars from the hot tub before bedtime... so, so much. It has been absolute bliss for each one of us, I think.  I haven't been able to keep up with each day's activities as I did before in Stehekin. But that is also part of the magic of this place - I felt us all really, truly relax.
Herd of wild bighorn sheep on the roadside!
We found the natural spring that Rhodri couldn't find yesterday!
Judy and Joe relaxing in the fabulous kitchen window seat
Out on a hike while Rhiannon was at the vet clinic in Red Lodge with Joe
The only sad thing is that at some point soon we will need to leave... like, tomorrow, unfortunately!

No comments: