Jules and Rhodri share the same birthday of September 20th and they are also big cycling buddies. Naresh and I get along fine, but we don't have the same common interests as the boys. Nevertheless, we enjoy each other's company. Last year we had planned to try out a new restaurant in East Grinstead for their birthdays and sadly had to cancel due to illness at the time. So we tried again this year and made it happen!
The only thing was that I couldn't remember the name of the place we had booked last year, and so when I looked up on the www I found what I thought was the place and booked that: The Tasting Room. We had reservations for 7:30pm and Naresh booked a taxi and we were off! We got all dressed up nice for our dinner out on the town, and arrived at the venue with our masks on and all that Covid stuff, only to discover that they didn't really DO dinner! Just drinks and snacky things. Oh dear! So about 2 minutes into our arrival I scurried next door to the place that we should have gone to, called "By the Fountain", and attempted to get a table there for dinner. Unfortunately, it was fully booked, but after a bit of pleading and explaining that it was a dual birthday and I had messed up by booking the wrong place, they were able to fit us in at 9 pm. So we got to have drinks at the first place and dinner at the second place, and we had a grand ol' evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment