Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Glow Wild

I have been wanting to go to this Glow Wild event for a long time and just never managed to make it happen. But this year, due to a combination of Covid-related cancellations and a bit of foul weather, I was able to book tickets at very late notice and surprise everyone with this mystery outing today.
"As darkness falls, the gardens are brought to life with glowing lanterns, mesmerising projections, immersive soundscapes, and glistening torches of fire." ... from the website
It was really fun driving them to this destination and having everyone try to guess what we were going to do. I had booked tickets for 5:10pm and wasn't at all sure what it would involve, but to be fair the whole thing was extremely well organized.

It was really cool, and different. I'm so glad we went! And that we brought umbrellas with us because we did experience quite a bit of precipitation during the first half or so of the evening. It was a little bit magical being outside at night in this setting.

No comments: