Sunday, December 06, 2020

Larks at the Beak

The current lockdown was promised to finish on Dec 2nd (after having started on Nov 5th) and although it was not known what the new rules would be after this time, at least a change was expected. The Whats App group that I'm on for the sea swimming malarky had decided to book some outdoor tables at the Beak Brewery in Lewes on Sat Dec 5th. I really wanted to go but it would be a relatively big drive to get there, I don't really know the ladies very well but they all seem to know each other so I would be intruding, etc. So I stayed quiet through the coordinating of it all, chewing on the pros/ cons of going. In the end, there was 1 seat unclaimed and I nabbed it. Rhodri gave me a lift down there (and picked me up afterwards) and although I felt nervous upon arrival, that quickly disappeared as I got to socialise with fellow swimmers out of the water under the marquee on a very wet and cold night. No photos unfortunately, but it was a fun night and I was glad for the chance to get outside to a social event with new friends.

No comments: