Sunday, September 26, 2021

Jackie, Take 2

This morning we called the Lodge again to see if Jackie was up for visitors and they said no. Yikes. So now there is a real possibility that we won't get to see her. That thought triggered an idea which then put us in motion. We realized that Jackie might not know that we came all this way to see her, so we decided to do an art project. We bought some art supplies and made a poster in the parking lot of the Lodge, then got the Receptionist to take a photo of us.


We then were on our way to get the photos printed, and when I nipped in to use the restroom, I saw Jackie coming down the stairs! We got to have a lovely visit in the lobby and then moved outside to enjoy the fresh air and the autumn leaves on the terrace.
When Jackie went in to have lunch, Mom and I headed off to get the photos printed and finish the art project, which was a big poster that had photos glued onto it and the big poster on the back side. We came back to give it to Jackie and have another visit in the afternoon. It was really special to be with her. 

In fact, she even played her saxophone for us.
After our visit, we went out for an early dinner at this place that I was initially skeptical about, but turned out to be really good.

No comments: