After saying goodbye to Rob, I headed up the coast and visited Plymouth Rock and the Mayflower replica.
It is an interesting story about Plymouth rock that I hadn't realized (from Wikipedia):
In 1774, the rock broke in half during an attempt to haul it to Town Square in Plymouth. One portion remained in Town Square and was moved to Pilgrim Hall Museum in 1834. It was rejoined with the other portion of the rock, which was still at its original site on the shore of Plymouth Harbor, in 1880. The date 1620 was inscribed at that time. The rock is now ensconced beneath a granite canopy designed by McKim, Mead & White.Then I continued my drive to meet my Mom at Boston airport and then drive up to Portland. We settled into the Fireside Inn and Suites, then went for dinner at Applebys nearby.
It was so nice to relax and have dinner after the hours of driving through pouring rain between Boston and Portland! And it is wonderful to be on a little road trip with my Mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment