This morning I woke up early and hit the road. I was invited to attend a conference in Cornwall. I had a fun drive listening to podcasts and appreciating the early morning mist on the moors of Stonehenge and the autumn landscapes.
First on my tour was a stop at a geothermal well at the Eden Project. I wanted to see it in real life after getting excited about geothermal and making some new contacts in this sector. I hung around the site fence until someone came over to answer my questions and chat for an hour!Here is Mt Recyclemore sculpture which is pretty cool
Then I navigated my way to a beach called the Vault
I had a glorious dip in the clear, lovely water. I was the only one swimming, but there were other people on the beach and it is apparently a famous swimming beach with no undertow, so very safe.
Then I drove along this crazy exposed cliff overlooking the same beach and eventually made my way to Falmouth where I checked into my hotel for the next 3 days. There were some really narrow stretches of road - yikes!
I dumped my stuff in the hotel and then went to the nearby beach cafe for a veggie burger and beer dinner. Niiiiiice
Its gonna be a great few days!
No comments:
Post a Comment