Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Walks with my children

I went on two walks today, one with each of my kids. Tryfs and I took Annie to the beach for a very windy walk on the beach in the morning. She ran like a banshee to play with other dogs enjoying the stretch of sand there.


.. and then Rhiannon and I took Annie up the Vardre in the afternoon. We couldn't let her off the leash since there were a lot of sheep around. No sheep worrying allowed!
It was just such a gorgeous day, I couldn't get enough of the landscape, views and sea air


It was also cool to see the male sheep wearing their mating harnesses. I've never actually seen this before, but it is a harness that has a ink pot attached, so when the boy sheep gets jiggy with a girl sheep, the girl sheep gets a colored spot on her back to indicate which boy sheep has been with her. And then each boy sheep has a different colored ink pot attached. In this last photo you can see a boy sheep with a harness on. I think the blue spot on his back must have been put there by the farmer rather than by another sheep, because my imagination just doesn't want to go there to consider any other scenario. Anywho, it was an interesting walk! And such a treat to be out in the wide world enjoying the day with my kids.

No comments: