Saturday, October 14, 2023

Barcelona escape with Sista K

I have awesome sister-in-laws, aka 'Sistas'.  Rebecca and Kristin on the Gans side, Sioned, Nia and Llinos on the Lewis side.  I don't get to interact much with Llinos, but with all the others I do.  I'm so lucky!  Next week my Sista Kristin has a work-related meeting in Barcelona so she arrived a few days earlier to adjust to the time zone and I flew over to keep her company for the weekend!

I booked a flight that was due to arrive 5 minutes after hers on Friday night, but then my flight was delayed by an hour, but then so was hers! So we found each other in the airport and took a taxi to the Hoxton Hotel, then had a celebratory bev on the roof terrace.

Had a good sleep, a lovely breakfast, and then we started our day of walking exploration by seeing the rooftop terrace to get a lay of the land.


We walked through a park and heard some music so we followed the sound and found an exercise class next to a stagnant fountain. 
Then we continued on towards La Rambla but found this little square which was just so alluring to us, so we sat and had a coffee and people watched for a while. There were loads of people sitting around the plaza and doing paintings.
Then we walked around more and I found this bar with my Dad's birthday as the name, so I took this photo as a shout out to him.
We of course saw Sagrada Familia from all angles, but we did not pay to go in. It is a pretty crazy cathedral.
So yeah, we wandered here and there and various places, then made our way back towards the hotel. We found a crazy flea market place and spent some time exploring that. 
Then we got back to the hotel, regrouped, and found a place to go for a paella and sangria dinner. It was way too much food (as you can see!) but it was pretty tasty.

And that was the end of our walking exploration day! Fabulous! So fun to hang out with Kristin. 

No comments: