After having our floors redone (since we had to empty the whole of the downstairs lounge to be able to redo the ceilings after the pipe burst..), Rhods and I thought that the Easter rug needed to be replaced so we moved it out and put a temporary one under the dining table. But... that one was too small and also irritating, so it was looking like we were going to need to buy a new rug. But then I had the brilliant idea to dye our Easter rug a different color. I took to the carport with a spray bottle of dye...I do have a nasty habit of starting a project and getting well underway before reading the instructions. Whoops. Anyway, in this case it turned out ok because the dye didn't really have instructions on how to use it to dye a rug so I was winging it anyway. Turns out you need to wash off the dye after applying it so that the dye sets properly. And the other annoying thing is that you have to let it dry in a spot that doesn't receive direct sunlight. So I heaved the wet purple looking rug around to various places over a few days, and it wasn't drying at all. In fact, it was really wet weather during this time so keeping it outside draped over the ping pong table wasn't really working at all AND it started to stink like mildew. That's when I started to think I had made a big mistake. But then I moved it into the pod for a couple of days with a dehumidifier, and that helped. Finally I moved it to Rhiannon's (empty) bedroom and applied a coat of Scotchguard to help protect it with a sort of waterproofing. I left it there for a week or so while we were up in Wales, and now finally today it is back into place!
Looks pretty good, doesn't it?! I'm pretty chuffed with it actually.
No comments:
Post a Comment