Thursday, October 05, 2023

Newcastle trip

On Tuesday I took the train from Haywards Heath station all the way up to Newcastle in the northeast of England.  It was a great trip!  I arrived into town just before 6 pm and was able to do a bit of exploring round the quay before it got dark. Such a cool city actually!



On Wednesday I was able to go on a bit of a field trip with one of our clients. 
It was a spectacular drive across the North Pennines Orefield.. so desolate and beautiful
I got to see the field site that I had studied and read about earlier in the year, which was just really cool.



Today was the actual conference and it was in a really cool venue - the Institute of Mining and Minerals at the University of Newcastle.  I was on a panel about geothermal potential in the Northeast of England so got to sit up front for a bit which was cool.  But the highlight was meeting people and sitting next to Lord Peter Lilley.  He was delightful to talk with and I had such a good time chatting with him throughout the day.  Tomorrow I will take the train back home, but its been a great trip.


No comments: