Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Vienna adventure starts

This is the 3rd time in 7 months that I have been to Vienna.  All three times I have stayed at the Zoku Hotel, which I love love love.  But today was different and lovely.  I met a guy in the elevator on my way up to the reception/ check in and we ended up having a little beverage together.  And it turns out that he just started working for a company that our friend Emily works for, and they know each other.  So that was superfun to discover the connection.  We even sent her a photo of the two of us and then had a little video call with her.  

I love the human friendliness and openness that this hotel cultivates.  In the lead up to meeting "Juki" in the elevator, I was having a major IT problem with my laptop and had been chasing down the help desk team from SLB, and that didn't go very well but I got there in the end.  I will spend tomorrow getting my work ready and attending the event I cam here for, but I'll head to sleep now in my little loft bed.

 

No comments: