I have noticed that there are some differences in this country that show an underlying "Girl Power" message in society.
Here is what i have noticed:
- The figure on the sign for "baby changing area" is NOT wearing a dress!
- The womens sports clothing section of the new Costco-like store is MUCH bigger than the mens sports clothing section (actually Rhodri noticed this, not me)
- Out of 27 people I saw at the shopping mall the other day that were either pushing strollers or wearing a sling/ babycarrier, 19 of those were men
- In flipping through the 10 or so Norwegian TV channels on Saturday late afternoon, I found 2 channels airing the same footage of a local women's soccer game!
- Under a new Norwegian law, all public corporations have a year to put women in 40 percent of boardroom seats.
Interesting, huh?
2 comments:
That's amazing! Plus they have super maternity leave benifits! What a great place to raise Rhiannon!
Sheesh, I can't even get my husband to do the dishes! ;)
Post a Comment